Tuesday, October 26, 2010

~friend~ WMSC #20

Happy Tuesday to you! :) We had one of the most wicked storms in history today in Chicago! They (weathermen), are now calling it, the "Chi-cyclone". There are tree's down, electric outages, fires, etc. Luckily, we escaped all harm! :)

While all of the above was going on........I am just recovering from a weekend of nasty flu and thought it was time to design a card! So off to my studio I went, and designed this card based off of this week's sketch at Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge. :) I am telling you........the DT never disappoints - such beautiful designs! I applaude you all! :)

DP's used are from MME and Pink Paislee. Diecut frame from Spellbinders (Labels Four), stamp from Waltzing Mouse, glitter, pearl adhesives, twine and handstamped sentiment from PTI, and this gorgeous flower from Pink Paislee as well, but I decided it was lacking something, so I added some glitter to the edges. If anyone has a trick that they wish to share on adding glitter such as I did, please let me know. This took me forever!!

Thanks for taking a peek - off to post my card. Have a lovely evening - Cathy xx :)

7 comments:

  1. In true Cathy style - FABULOUS! So soft and pretty! Get well soon, my stampy friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunningly beautiful card Cathy! The card itself is fab as it is, but the big flower tops it off! Ira

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it!!This is soo soft and beautiful!!love the pearls on the ribbon.
    Thanks for joining us at WMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an absolutely gorgeous card!! I live in Chicago too....Evergreen PArk to be exact, and fortunately the damage here was minimal. My son and hubby had the stomach flu all weekend....fortunately they are on the mend! Glad to hear that you are too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty! I love the glittery label and flower ends!! Great job with the sketch! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful soft card. thank you for sharing! I love visiting your blog.

    hugs,
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower is THE eyecatcher; it turned out so beautiful. You said it took you ages but it's definitely worth the time you spend on it...
    Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and dropping me a line! Your comments are so greatly appreciated and always make my day. Have a wonderful day and keep creating! :)

Total Pageviews