Friday, April 3, 2009

Frazzled

That is what I am feeling right now as I am trying to put together this blog. Where are my kid's when I really need them? My son has described me in the past as "computer illiterate". Gee, I wonder whatever gave him that idea. I guess, for now I will post a little something here and there and wait for my daughter to come home next weekend for Easter to help with the finer details of blogging.
I usually don't work Fridays. So, this morning, I ran a few quick errands and returned home to an afternoon of cardmaking. Mmmmm, my therapy! I am on a new kick this week - round cards, smooth edged or scalloped. I think it changes things up a bit, but I'm quite pleased with the way they are turning out. I made two today and yes, I've already listed them on my Etsy shop - http://www.papiergirl.etsy.com/ for those of you who are wondering. In this card above, I used papers from Sassafraslass http://www.sassafraslass.com/- Serendipity "Hog Heaven",
the mushrooms are rubberstamped images I used from Hero Arts http://www.heroarts.com/ - "Sending Happiness" and my little tagged message was a rubberstamped message from Papertreyink - http://www.papertreyink.com/ (my new favorite shop!). Buttons, ribbon, bakers twine and hemp all can be found at any craft store.

I also managed to squeeze this little cutie in today as well. Two of my very good friends Katelyn and Jessica are both pregnant. It is their first and watching them grow, listening to their stories and concerns brings back so many memories for me. My babies are 21 (almost 22) and 19 (almost 20). Where does the time go? So I am already in the planning stages. I want to create something very special for the two of them. So thank you Katelyn and Jessica for inspiring the baby cards I have added to my shop.
This card was created using papers and chipboard embellishments from Little Yellow Bicycle - Baby Safari Line. I added a silk flower, a ribbon brad, ribbon, paper punch flowers, and lots of rhinestones! Once again, my little tag with sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. Seriously, you have to visit their shop - it is just filled with such wonderful stamps!
Well, that's all for now. Heaven only knows if all I just chattered on about even will post. Wouldn't that be something?

1 comment:

  1. what an adorable baby card for your expecting friends. Love for you to link it up to my challenge here http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2011/03/sandys-challenge-3.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and dropping me a line! Your comments are so greatly appreciated and always make my day. Have a wonderful day and keep creating! :)

Total Pageviews